Nancy has tagged me, and so has Mystic Margarita. In the true spirit of a teacher and dealer in questions and answers, I take up my tag-tasks:
Nancy’s tag, which, she says, got started at http://annagain66.blogspot.com/ is like a class test. Short, probing but pithy.
1. Where were you 10 years ago?
A decade back, I was a carefree, yet-to-be-a-year-old-blushing-bride, working in a swank bank in Kolkata.
2. What's on your to-do list today?
The usual – rush to work, rush back to kids, cook, teach, feed, clean. And chat with my mom (she’s on her annual month-long trip to my place) and the spouse (when we manage to sit for the 30-minutes post-dinner talk, post-the-kids’-bedtime). Very mundane, very me.
3. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Travel round the world, get a liposuction, save for later, buy a house in Bandra (but that would take up my billion, I guess, with the sky-busting property prices in Mumbai).
4. Name five places you've lived.
Barrackpore, Kolkata (Kaikhali, Jodhpur Park and Jadavpur), Mumbai (all in India).
5. Name three bad habits of yours.
I forget things; I argue a bit too much, I’m a control freak.
6. What's your favorite snack?
I am trying to diet, so I’ll be pious and say “fruits”. (Snickers bars and jeera/kokum/hing/imli golis, actually).
7. Who will you tag next?
Margarita’s tag is longer, like a Honours Paper. It grills me extensively on various emotional why-s and fantastic what-ifs. My time starts now.
The rules for the tag are:RULE #1 People who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs and replace any question that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.RULE #2 Tag 6 people to do this quiz and those who are tagged cannot refuse. These people must state who they were tagged by and cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by continue this game by sending it to other people.
1. If your lover betrayed you, what will your reaction be?
Tears, idle tears. I’m a leaky tap when heartbroken.
2. If you can have a dream come true, what would it be?
To see myself and my loved ones safe, sane and happy (and rich and famous and slim, is possible).
3. Whose butt would you like to kick?
Anybody who blocks my way when I’m in a hurry.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Though I’ve already done this, let me add, I’d splurge half and save half.
5. Will you fall in love with your best friend?
I did, although he sometimes feels it’s like sleeping with the enemy.
6. Which is more blessed: loving someone or being loved by someone?
I’m greedy, I wanna have both.
7. How long would you wait for someone you loved?
If he loves me back, he’ll come to me ASAP.
8. If the person you secretly like is attached, what will you do?
Mope and move. Triangles are stressful, pointy, troublesome things to be trapped in.
9. If you could root for one social cause, what would it be?
Population control - the snowball effects of overpopulation freak me out.
10. What takes you down the fastest?
Lack of logic.
11. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
I don’t really want to take the fun out of my future by limiting it.
12. What’s your fear?
Losing those I love.
13. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
A lovely person – very capable mom, very readable writer, and a really sweet long distance blog-friend.
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?
Since I’m already the second, I’d rather not wonder about the greener grass on the other side of the matrimonial fence.
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Wish I could sleep for a few hours more.
16. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously who will you pick?
That’s a ‘loaded’ question!
17. Would you give all in a relationship?
I already have. I also get back a lot, which makes it all worthwhile.
18. Would you forgive and forget someone no matter how horrible a thing he has done?
Forgive perhaps, but not forget.
19. Do you prefer being single or in a relationship?
I love my emotional crutches.
20. List of 6 people to tag: