...I’ll try to come up with an HONEST POST. A ten-point honest (no fingers crossed, no bite-my-tongue) confession:
- I love shopping. And even more than that, I love shopping all by myself, without the family tagging along.
- I may moan and groan about being overweight, but I love eating too much to be serious about any weight-loss attempt. Whenever I lose a bit of weight, I put it right back by eating out in celebration.
- I always read the frivolous Mumbai Mirror before the serious Times of India, much to the chagrin of the spouse. I’m a Page-3 junkie, and I get my fix before educating myself with the Page-1 stuff.
- I love frothy, no-brainer chick-lit books, especially the ones written by Sophie Kinsella. And I can keep re-reading my tattered Agatha Christies forever and ever.
- I hate it when something I cook turns out to be not-so-good, and when people (myself included) refuse to eat it.
- I hate being compared unfavourably to anybody, especially the MIL.
- I am really, really scared of lizards.
- I am happiest on Saturday nights, when there’s the w—h-o-l-e of Sunday still remaining before week/work drudgery begins again.
- Deep-down I believe that overpopulation is the root cause of all our problems.
- I cry really really easily, even in front of other people, much to the spouse’s embarrassment. And when I just can’t stop, I have to pretend that something has got into my eyes and is irritating my contact lenses.
- And here's a bonus confession, because honesty is addictive: I have not watched a single IPL match. I OD-ed on cricket long back. Give me a Federer-Nadal tennis match anyday. On second thoughts, any match where Federer wins. Because if he loses (as he so often does nowadays) it just makes me cry all over again.
A big thanks to Sayani, who has tagged me to write this post and has given me an award to egg me on...
So, here I am, cheering you on, trying to spread honesty, now do come up with an honest confession about yourself.