Saturday, March 8, 2008

WOMEN'S DAY WISH-LIST

  • Fatter paycheque (ha! ha! ha!)
  • Slimmer waistline (fat chance, I am a wrong-type-of-food-addict + can't bear to waste kids' leftovers)
  • Uninterrupted sleep for seven hours at night (OK, since this is a fantasy, make that eight)
  • Obedient daughters (as in not-always-having-to-shout-at-them-and-separate-them-when-they-are-at-each-other's-throats)
  • Peace at home (will automatically follow the above)
  • Strangers not calling me Aunty
  • Starting on some serious ACADEMIC reading and writing and getting noticed in "the right circles" (The ACADEMIC world depends on the 3 Ps - Ph.Ds, Publications and PR)

SERIOUSLY, THOUGH, WISHING FOR PEACE AND HEALTH AND HAPPINESS FOR ALL OF US ON THIS ONLY PLANET WE HAVE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, but all your comments are mostly like talking back to yourself, how does one respond? One has to assume, then, that you are a rambling (woh!)man and in need of advice, as I am doing:)I share most of your interests though, see now I am talking about myself, a completely self-defeating blogging. Is a blog there for "self-expression"? Give it a SERIOUS thought, like I have just done!:)
And what could one say about women (since it's one of ur obsessions as I see)? There are so many, of all shapes and sizes, and to complicate things further, many of them have a mind of their own! Utterly difficult I say, to COMMUNICATE! As I see them, they are at present (at least the salaried variety) form a very interesting and often beautiful bunch of second-category citizens. They simply pay less tax! This privilege is inexplicable to me, seriously! I mean why a person should earn more for the same job? And for a reason that's hardly more than a cliche`? If you people have some iota of righteousness left, you should stand up and vote for EQUAL rights, not MORE that comes as a left-handed gift from the state. Well, signing off after this very profound observation having really DEEP civil-social implications!